Creative Concepts by Design
Surakarta Board Game
✓ Available for pickup
Have you thought about adding some new games into your arsenal? Surakartra is a super simple game, that even kids can pick up quickly (and often faster than us adults can).
Surakartra, sometimes known as Roundabouts, is played on a 6x6 grid with two concentric circular tracks at each corner and 12 game pieces per player..
- Each player starts with 12 pieces placed on the two rows nearest them.
- Players decide at random who goes first, usually by a flip of a coin.
- During each turn, the player may move one of their pieces from one intersection an adjacent intersection, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- Playing pieces may not jump over one another, and only one piece may occupy an intersection at a time.
- The circular tracks are used only for capture, pieces cannot use them for regular play moves.
- A piece captures an enemy by sliding along the line, around the circular track, and further along the straight line until it lands on the enemy piece. The enemy is then removed from the board.
- You can however use more than one circular track to capture a piece, as long as no other playing pieces are in the way.
- There is no jumping in a capturing move, if there is another playing piece in the way, it is not a capturing move.
- Once all opponents pieces are captured, the game is over.
- 12"x12" Alder Game Board
- 24 Wooden Game Pieces or 24 Black & White "Stones"
- Storage Box
- We ship to all locations within the United States and Canada.
- Orders are typically processed and shipped within 3-5 business days.
- Shipping rates will vary based on the size and weight of the item(s) and the destination.
- Expedited shipping options are available for an additional cost.
Frequently Bought Together
Add on optional description to this section